These four questions can help you make smarter mortgage and housing choices:
- Why is it better to buy a home right now vs. renting a home?
Buying a home usually requires more upfront capital, more ongoing expenses and a longer term commitment. That being said, it’s also a great way to build wealth and equity, strengthen community ties, create financial stability year to year and capitalize on tax incentives. Make sure to run the numbers with a mortgage professional to evaluate whether you’d be better off buying vs. renting.
- How can I make sure this fits into my short-term and long-term budget?
Make sure to strategize with a professional and compare your options when it comes to:
- Choosing a down payment amount and strategy
- Choosing a monthly payment scenario
- Choosing a price range for your new home
- How will this financial decision impact other areas of my life?
Make sure to think through how your cash flow situation will impact:
- Children’s college funding
- Retirement planning
- Taking care of elderly parents
- Other large financial purchases or commitments
- What mortgage and home buying strategy will result in less overall financial risk?
The mortgage is most likely going to be your single-largest debt; and your home is most likely going to be your single largest investment. That’s why it’s important to evaluate and compare your options with an Axia Home Loans Mortgage Advisor.
April Fools! In all seriousness, we do love our pets here at Axia. Please take the time to read this article from our friends at the AARP on how to help your pet deal with a move to a new house. We do encourage donations to the AARP as...
Just one year of waiting to buy a house could be the mistake that costs you tens of thousands of dollars (see charts below). For example, a homebuyer considering a $250,000 home would lose $7,500 if home prices increase by 3% during that one year time-frame. They...
Axia is changing the home buying experience, transforming the way you buy real estate. Buying a home can be complicated. Waiting for a credit approval is a thing of the past. All we need is you. Just you! Want to make a stronger offer on a home that isn’t simply a...
Want new articles before they get published?
Subscribe to our Awesome Newsletter.
Pahrump Branch: 1321 S. Highway 160, Suite 3, Pahrump, NV 89048
Axia Home Loans Corporate: 1120 112th Ave NE, Suite 600, Bellevue, WA 98004 - NMLS #27830 (WA-CL-27830)
© 2007 - 2016 Axia Home Loans. All rights reserved. Axia Home Loans is a registered trade name of Axia Financial, LLC.